The symptoms of black mold poisoning are many and varied.
This is due to the fact that there are different types of toxic black mold.
And then each mold produces many different mycotoxins.
Then each individual responds differently to these mycotoxins due to their genetic makeup.
This makes it very difficult to know whether or not you are experiencing black mold symptoms.
Here are some suggestions to help you determine if your symptoms are due to toxic black mold.
1. If your symptoms cannot be explained by a known medical condition. Doctors don't know what is wrong with you,consider toxic-black-mold-syndrome.
2. If your symptoms change frequently, either from day to day, week to week or month to month, consider toxic mold exposure.
3. If your symptoms started after a flood in your home or workplace or a move to a new home or workplace.
4. If you can smell mold in your home or workplace.
5. If other people in your home or workplace are complaining of similar or new onset symptoms.
Regarding the symptoms of black mold poisoning, remember you do not have to have all of them, if you've been exposed to toxic black mold. You may have just one or two symptoms. Based on my experience, I have observed that most people with significant exposure to toxic mold have more than two or three symptoms. They usually have 10 to 15!
muscle pain, cramps, burning, unusual shooting (ice pick-like) pains
fatigue, weakness, flu-like symptoms, fever, chills
shortness of breath, cough
abdominal pain, diarrhea
chronic sinusitis, sore throat
burning eyes, red eyes, sensitivity to light
difficulty with thought processes, memory loss, loss of concentration, confusion, disorientation, “brain fog”
dizziness, balance problems
metallic taste in mouth
numbness and tingling
temperature regulation problems
excessive thirst and urination
excessive menstrual bleeding
mylar flush (face flushing)…. I had this…people thought I looked healthy because of it.
IgA nephropathy (kidney disease)
I had many of these less common symptoms of black mold poisoning. That made it very difficult for me to believe that my symptoms were actually that of black mold poisoning, even though I knew I had been exposed to high levels of stachybotrys and chaetomium.
Here is the list:
The sensation that you are going to pass out
Attention deficit disorder
Swollen lymph nodes
Difficulty losing weight (in detoxifier types)
Ringing in the ears
Multiple chemical sensitivity (stachybotrys and chaetomium)
Nose bleeds and pulmonary hemorrhaging (stachybotrys)
Multiple sclerosis like symptoms
Dirt like taste in mouth
Irregular heart beat
Anaphylaxis on re-exposure to toxic molds
Air hunger, can’t get a deep breath
Child development delays
Difficulty handling any kind of stress
Mood swings, irritability
Frequent upper respiratory infections
Sensitivity to sound
New food allergies
Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
Poor insight into illness
Death, in extreme cases (Fire-fighter father of five featured on 2006 episode of Extreme Home Makeover)
HEALTHY LIVING IN A TOXIC WORLD is a free e-zine newsletter that will give you valuable information on how to stay healthy despite the increasing amount of toxins in our environment. The latest information on mold toxicity, the best detoxification methods and how to avoid toxins in the environment will be features of this important and informative newsletter.
There will also be lots of helpful information on diet and supplements that will help keep you and your family healthy and protect your body from toxins.
Don't miss out on getting this free Bi-weekly newsletter!