Toxic Mold Can Make You Sick!

That's what I found out after being exposed to high levels for almost a year.

The goal of this website is to help those, who have become sick from toxic mold exposure, regain their health. We offer advice to help reduce symptoms and remove mold toxins! This website will go through the following helpful steps to explain what to do if you suspect this may be the cause of your symptoms and then we will show you what different types of treatment work best to recover your health.

I am a family practice physician and I have been in practice for over 15 years. In 2006 I was sick with many terrible symptoms for 11 months. I did not know why I was sick until I discovered I was being exposed to very high levels of stachybotrys, the more common toxic black mold and chaetomium, a less common toxic white mold. This was what caused all my symptoms over the span of a nine month exposure. Now, 6 years later, including about 1 to 2 years of detoxing and through the help of diet, medication, supplements, avoidance of mold and prayer, I am healthy again!

You are not alone! This is a horrible illness world-wide for many people and is becoming more widespread as our buildings get older and more water damaged. The slowed economy isn't helping matters much either as more building owners and home owners opt to cut costs in building maintenance.

There is hope for people with this syndrome through various treatments to remove the toxins and reduce the symptoms. It may be a long and difficult road, depending on the level of exposure. Most people do improve over time with treatment and mold avoidance.

Please sign up for our free newsletter "Healthy Living in a Toxic World" on the Free Newsletter Page and gets loads of helpful information three times a week.

Also, go to the Social Support page to learn how to join our private Facebook group of close to 2000 members called "The Toxic Mold Support Group" In this group you can talk with other people going through the same thing you are and get some advice and information as well.

Wishing you a fast recovery,

Dr. Mary Ray D.O.

1. RECOGNIZE THE SYMPTOMS The first step is recognizing the symptoms of toxic mold exposure. Learn how to look for clues to determine if the symptoms you are having could be due to this. It took me a year to figure out this was the cause of my illness. Some people never figure it out.

This website will help you recognize the symptoms with an extensive list on the SYMPTOM OVERVIEW webpage.

=======================================================

2. TEST YOUR ENVIRONMENT The second step is testing your home or workplace. The best way to determine if your symptoms are that of toxic mold exposure is to find out if you are breathing in toxic mold spores in the first place. The testing I recommend is a more affordable, accurate and easy way to test your home.

Go to the TESTING FOR BLACK MOLD IN YOUR HOME webpage for more information and products.

====================================================== 3. TEST YOURSELF The third step is testing yourself. There is a test that tests for mycotoxins in the urine. This may be the best test we have of yet for determining if someone is suffering from toxic mold syndrome. The drawbacks of this test are that it is very expensive and it is not covered by insurance. There are two labs now that offer this test. SEE THE DIAGNOSIS PAGE FOR DETAILS.

Also, Stachybotrys IgA levels can be elevated if you have been exposed to stachybotrys, but for some reason not everyone exposed to stachybotrys has elevations of this in their blood.

Stachybotrys IgA may be the most affordable test to start off with because it is available at local labs and can be ordered easily by your doctor. In people suffering from toxic mold syndrome, a positive stachybotrys IgA level can really help both psychologically as well as medically.

For those people with a negative stachybotrys level, the urine mycotoxin testing would be the best choice.

LOOK ON THE DIAGNOSIS WEBPAGE TO FIND MORE DETAILS ON TESTING THAT YOU CAN HAVE DONE IF YOU WISH TO HELP DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED.

=======================================================

4. AVOID EXPOSURE TO TOXIC MOLD AND REMOVE MOLD TOXINS The fourth step is to use both natural supplements and pharmaceutical medications to remove the mold toxins from your body. Since these toxins are the main cause of this syndrome, effective treatment is geared toward removal of these toxins. These remedies can be found on the BLACK MOLD DETOX webpage!

ALSO SEE THE SUPPORT PACKS WEBPAGE FOR THE NEW SUPPORT PACS THAT ORGANIZE THESE NATURAL TREATMENTS INTO 4 SIMPLE STEPS:

STEP ONE DETOX PAC

STEP TWO ANTI-FUNGAL PAC

STEP THREE HEALTHY OIL PAC

STEP FOUR ENZYME PAC

=======================================================

5. TREATMENT OF THE INTESTINAL FUNGAL OVERGROWTH that almost always occurs after exposure to toxic mold. Over the years I have found this to be a very effective treatment in relieving many of the symptoms of my patients with this syndrome. GO TO THE FUNGAL OVERGROWTH webpage on this site to learn more about this and to get effective treatment.

=======================================================

6. CHANGE YOUR OIL. This is another very important step in getting better. Basically, mold toxins can alter the fats in your cell membranes which then disrupts their function. Cell membranes are composed mostly of fat and are very important to the proper functioning of the entire body. This alteration in cell membranes may be what gives toxic mold sufferers that "I just don't feel right" feeling.

GO TO THE CHANGE YOUR OIL webpage on this site to learn more about how to change your cell membranes by changing your fat.

=======================================================

7. ENZYME THERAPY Enzymes that break up the fibrin clots that are thought to cause some of the horrible symptoms of this syndrome have been found to be effective in treatment.

GO TO THE ENZYME THERAPY webpage to learn more. =======================================================

8. LIVER SUPPORT Your liver functions to detoxify toxins. If you are overburdened with toxins as is the case in people with this syndrome, it is helpful to supply your liver with nutrients that help your liver work at its optimal capacity. There are several nutrients, herbs and foods that assist with the liver detoxification process. Go to the LIVER SUPPORT webpage to learn more.

9. PHONE CONSULTATION: If you don't know where to start and need to speak with Dr Short-Ray then go to the PHONE CONSULT webpage to schedule your phone consultation.

10. Go to the MOLD HELP STORE to see all the products that are available to help in dealing with mold exposure such as mold testing kits, air purifiers, detox supplements, and Dr. Ray's book called "Surviving Toxic Black Mold Syndrome",

11. If you would like to talk with other people about what worked for them and what they did to help themselves, feel free to join The Toxic Mold Support Group where you can converse with others who have been through the same thing on a private members only Facebook group page. Go to the SUPPORT web page.

12. Many people have felt the need to share their story and have it posted on the MOLD STORIES web page. If you would like to share your story to help others, that is available to you on the SHARE YOUR STORY web page on this site.

13. Since mold toxins cause extensive inflammation in the body, supplements that have anti-inflammatory effects are very helpful in lessening the symptoms. The supplements that reduce inflammation are as follows:

Fish oil or flax seed oil

Limu or modifilan

Acai Berry

Bromelein and other protease enzymes

Ginger

14. Help spread the word about this horrible illness so that more people are aware of the dangers of indoor toxic mold. Go to the SUPPORT webpage. 15. Work with your doctor or health care professional when using the treatments or protocols so that you can be monitored with blood work to check your kidney and liver function as your body eliminates the toxins.

THE ADVICE PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED TO BE USED UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT OUR FREE NEWSLETTER "HEALTHY LIVING IN A TOXIC WORLD" BY VISITING THE FREE NEWSLETTER PAGE!